So this weekend I made a music video! It was for an assignment in my Type II class at school. Check it out.
Even though the video is only about two-and-a-half minutes long, I put a crazy amount of time into it:
• On Friday, I set up and took all the shots for every straight-forward, step-by-step baking scene, and all the scenes that include the finished cupcakes—including the smashed cupcakes. It took a long-ass time to photograph everything, and even longer to edit all the photos I took that day.
• On Saturday, my husband shot all the photos of the scenes that have me in them, including all those close-ups of my mouth. On Friday I remembered to save half the cupcake batter so I could use it for the scene where I’m putting the cupcakes into the oven. On Friday I also saved the smashed cupcakes, and used them to smear all over my face for the final shot. I edited all those photos, and began to put the video together in iMovie.
• On Sunday, I finished editing the video. It took a long time to get all the scenes to line up the way I wanted them to with the audio track, although overall it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Probably the worst part came after I was done with the whole project—uploading the .mov file to YouTube. Apparently, if you don’t use the same frames-per-second setting throughout your whole film, shit gets all out-of-whack. It took a long time to figure out how to get around this issue, but with a little google-searching help from Chas, I was able to tweak some settings and get everything uploaded properly. Yay!
Whew! This music video is part goofy, part bad-ass, and filled with a whole lotta art school low-fi technology, but I really love how it turned out. ♥ I’d love to know what you think of it!