So as I sit down to write my weekly Tuesday post about stuff I’m really digging at the moment, I find that I can’t really get past the fact that I’m feeling pretty grumpy and uninspired. Hey, I’m tired. This quarter at school is demanding and rigorous already, and it’s only going to ramp up the further I get into it; the weather is cold, windy, and damp; and my horoscope says Mercury’s in retrograde.
I’m just exhausted.
In general, I’m a really upbeat person, and anyone who knows me will vouch that I have a positive outlook on life, and practice gratitude on a daily basis. Sometimes, though, you just gotta vent a little. So I’m going to do that. Here’s some crap I want to complain about.
• Drawing with Charcoals. I’m taking an Intro to Drawing class this term at school, and we are working with charcoals. It sucks so bad! It’s messy and gross, and I hate having no control over what I’m drawing because charcoals are so clunky. And when the charcoals get to the size of tiny nubs, drawing with them makes my hand cramp up and it hurts my wrist.
• Rude Teenagers. Time to get my granny pants on, because yes, I’m about to complain about teenagers. I live about two blocks away from a high school. Every morning on my way to the train I have to pass by herd after herd of teenagers walking to school. They form huge masses that take up the entire width of the sidewalk, and refuse to move out of the way to let anyone by. In the afternoons, as soon as the train pulls up, they rush the doors before the passengers waiting to get off can exit the train.
I remember being a teenager and being rebellious, but I don’t remember being rude to strangers in public like that. If I was, I’d like to take the time now to sincerely apologize. Sorry if I acted that way world—if that’s the case, I was a total douche bag.
• This Crappy Weather. It’s been in the 40s and low 50s for days now. Dark. Grey. Rainy. Windy as hell. Wintry, really. The kind of weather that makes your hands numb if they’re not in gloves or coat pockets when you’re walking around outside. It’s April, and I’ve been wearing a scarf and a heavy wool coat, for goodness sake! I’m ready for less rain and higher temperatures.
So that’s that.
What’s got your goat these days? Want to complain about something? I’m here to listen.
I feel like I should end this post with a quick list of things I’m really grateful for. Because really, as fun as it is to rant sometimes, nothing quite cures a grumpy mood like realizing there’s so many good things in my life. I’ve been keeping a gratitude journal for about a year, and I try to write in it everyday. Here’s what I got today:
Today I am grateful for…
• My wonderful husband and our amazing relationship.
• My sweet daughter & her quirky sense of humor.
• The opportunity to go back to school at a real university and study something that I’m falling in love with more each day.
• The opportunity to be creative and share what I create with the world.
• You! Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I’m glad you want to read what I write and check out what I create.
• Hot licorice spice tea (which I have been addicted to lately).
<3 <3 <3