Photo by Jeremy Hood
While I was in Vancouver BC a few weeks ago, I was able to hit up a wonderful fabric store there called Dressew. It was so radical that I couldn’t stop thinking about it after my first visit, and actually went back for more browsing the next day.
Dressew has two huge floors of goodies, and the best part is that the whole bottom floor is the clearance section. There are aisles and aisles of trim, rick-rack, elastic, zippers, buttons, thread, and various notions, notions, notions galore. Here are some of the goodies I picked up:
• The ever-elusive bubble gum pink felt. It’s been impossible to find in Portland since last summer.
• Jersey in purple and pink/cream (space dyed)
• Black garter sets! I’m going to attempt to use these on some future knickers.
• A bag of 10 black zippers
• Some really wonderful, fancy-looking buttons
• A big bag of tiny rosebud appliques
• Various lingerie elastic in fun colors
• 48 skeins of black embroidery floss
• Pink spiderweb stretch netting
If you love to sew and find yourself in Vancouver, be sure to stop by. You will not be disappointed. Be sure to bring cash, especially if you’re from the states. They accept debit cards, but it was only a certain type that I didn’t recognize called Interac.